“From Phenom to the Farm” releases new episodes every other Tuesday featuring players whose experiences vary across the professional baseball spectrum. Players will discuss their personal experiences going from high school graduation to the life of a professional baseball player.
Subscribe to the pod below:
Spotify | Stitcher|
As we’re seeing in the 2021-2022 offseason, professional baseball is a year-round business.
Powered by RedCircle
The stove can vary between hot and cold, but for players at any stage of their career, the offseason is constantly in motion. In our over 40 episodes of ‘From Phenom to the Farm’ we’ve talked to former pro ballplayers about the ups and downs of their career, including what can be great, or not-so-great, offseasons.
On today’s episode we relay clips from a few past interviews of players breaking down their wait for the next Spring Training:
- Lane Johnson on how his agent’s assistant led him to making the best decision of his career in free agency.
- Billy Butler on the difficulty of leaving his longtime team Kansas City.
- Chad Durbin on the experience of getting non-tendered early in his career, and free agency disappointment later in his career.
- AJ Achter on what playing in the Arizona Fall League does for a player’s confidence.
- Barry Enright on spending his winter playing in the Mexican Winter League, and how that restored his love for baseball.
- Cody Decker on getting oversold in free agency, and telling a crushing Spring Training story.
- Will Venable on hitting free agency perhaps a few years too late.
- Yonder Alonso on the excruciating wait to find the right team in his first go at free agency.
Yonder Alonso Joins 'From Phenom To The Farm:' Episode 26
Yonder Alonso discusses his decision to attend Miami, adapting to life in America, becoming an all-star and so much more.
Source : https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/players-explain-how-they-navigate-free-agency-on-from-phenom-to-the-farm-episode-44/546